Saturday, May 23, 2009

Do Over!

I was getting frustrated with Wordpress...so I switched to Blogger. It also gave me an excuse to come up with a cooler banner and blog title.
What makes this blog better than my old one? Absolutely nothing. The only thing I've decided to do differently with this one was to make sure I don't continue to write a plethora of whiney blogs because, well let's be serious, no one likes reading those.
With that said....
A few weeks ago I went to the Death Cab for Cutie concert at The Ryman and it was spectacular. Not only did I get to see my favorite band, but Ra Ra Riot opened for them, along with Matt Costa. Seeing Ra Ra Riot made me want to pick up cello lessons big time. Matt Costa reminds me of a grasshopper because his legs are so long and skinny. Both acts were astounding, but I was a little disappointed with the crowd. These looked like people who listened to awesome music, but no one seemed that enthused with the bands. Not until Death Cab took the stage, of course. They finished their encore set with Transatlanticism which I had been waiting for all night.
Last week I saw Billy Joel and Elton John's Face 2 Face Tour at the Sommet Center and that was a great show too. I've never seen so many drunk adults in one space. Our seats were by no means that great, but it didn't matter because it was still an enjoyable show. They both came out on dueling pianos, Elton clad in his trademark sequin-covered jacket and sunglasses. The couples on our row must have squeezed past us to go to the bathroom at least six or seven times. I could have sworn by the end they were just placing bets on who could make everyone stand up in our row the most.
The most recent concert I attended last week was Coldplay. Jason and I swapped our original tickets for the show in Nashville for better ones at a venue in Alabama. We didn't realize the venue was outside until we got there, thank goodness I had a sweatshirt because it was freezing. We also didn't know that Pete Yorn was opening for them so that was an added bonus. The show blew my mind. The two teeny boppers sitting in front of us blew my eardrums. They were screaming long before the show even started and they continued to scream until they left. The girl sitting next to me got so excited she stepped in, no not on, in my purse. But Chris Martin joked around with the audience and made everyone fall in love with the band even more. At one point butterfly confetti rained from the sky and before the show ended, Chris announced that everyone would be receiving a free copy of their new live album, LeftRightLeftRightLeft. It's arguably one of the best shows I've ever attended. Getting out of the parking lot, however, was like playing Traffic Jam, and shady guys selling knock-off merch took advantage of this. But, I did get a $5 shirt out of the 25 minute wait, so I can't complain.
I'm currently in a cabin somewhere near Burnsville, North Carolina. Is so beautiful out here, but also in the middle of nowhere. As we got closer to our destination, I watched the bars of service disappear from my cell. Now my phone won't even tell the time, as if it just gave up functioning altogether. The good news is there is ample wi-fi, which is odd, but I won't question it's existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment