Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fortunes

My room looks like a bomb hit it. I don't move out until next Thursday, but since I am queen of procrastination, figured I'd better get a head start on the packing.
It sucks opening drawers and boxes only to discover pictures or random objects that I'd rather not have to see. I thought packing was supposed to help take my mind off things? It feels like ripping off a band aid.....it stings like hell. But almost instantly the pain vanishes again and it's ok.
I'm getting a mac. That's about the only thing I have to look forward to this week, other than the apartment. I've been debating whether or not to get one all summer, but I realized it's the only thing I'd be willing to spend that much money on....I've wanted one FOREVER. I worked hard this summer, it's going to be a gift to myself. After this I'm saving every penny I make. Having two jobs will be stressful next semester, but I'll manage. I hate money.

The nastiest people came into Movie Gallery today. I HATE arguing with people. I absolutely loathe it. So imagine my disgust when a lady came in claiming that none of our DVDs play in her player....but that it wasn't her fault, no it was MY fault for renting her the "faulty" discs. I told her it was funny how they play in our player....and our hundreds of other customer's players...but not hers. She must be special. But special or not, no ma'am I can't give you your money back and give you free movies to compensate, besides what would be the point when they don't play in your magical player? Nothing tops another employee, Tony, one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, getting fired last week because a man blew a fuse over having to pay a $2.79 late fee. Wouldn't you say "Get the f*** out of the store" if someone started cursing at you telling you to come outside and fight while you stood there calmly???
If you're curious, the late fee in question was for the documentary Super Size Me. And yes. The angry customer was in fact, overweight.

My dad leaves tomorrow morning. I won't dwell on it too much because it makes me want to lay down and instantly go to sleep so I don't have to think about it anymore. I'm praying God looks after him. My mom is a wreck. My sister is 2x worse because she has to deal with the fact that not only is our dad leaving, but she is starting high school tomorrow as well.
I'm nervous for Katie. When I started high school we were living in Hawaii and I didn't know a single soul. I was pale, had braces, and talking to another human being made me break out in a rash. Katie is gorgeous, has too many friends to keep track of and has a boy calling the house asking for her at least every other day. I pray that she will stay on the right track, it never occurred to me until now how fast innocence can vanish. She has a good head on her shoulders, though.

Jonathan and I went to a Chinese restaurant and it was the weirdest experience at a Chinese restaurant I have ever had. The waitresses acted like the last thing they wanted to be doing was to wait on us. At the end we couldn't figure out where we were supposed to pay and the waitress looked at Jonathan like she would kill him in his sleep. The food was unusually chewy. Jonathan swore up and down he could interpret the cheesy karaoke music that was playing in the background. Best of all was the completely blank fortune he got in his cookie when the check came. "This," he said with a smirk on his face, "has to be the most accurate fortune I have ever received."


No comments:

Post a Comment