Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Re-Arrange

After writing that previously miserable post, I got to thinking. Whenever I have a free moment (which only seems to be between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.) I daydream about how kick ass the summer is going to be a) Sidelines will be strictly online, no print edition. woot woot. b) I won't spend 40+ hours a week in the mass comm building; seriously, I'm friends with the janitorial staff and I'm surprised the school isn't charging me rent, and c) FREEE TIME. omgz

There are a few things to look forward to. First and foremost, I'm going to be making a little road trip to Arkansas to visit my beloved friend Sam Walker. This trip is long overdue and he calls me at least 2-3 times a week to remind me of this fact. I need to get out of TN for a little while and what better place to go than...um...Arkansas. Yeeeah.

I'm taking a feature writing class in June and my favorite professor is teaching it. When I say he's my favorite, that's not an understatement. The man brings us cookies to class for godsakes. I'm just happy to finally be taking a class that will teach me how to write properly because I've been wingin it this past semester as the features editor.

BONNA-FREAKIN-ROO. nuff said.

Upright bass lessons with Quinton? Yessuh. No one believes that I used to play piano or any instrument for that matter. It's cool because neither do I.

Hopefully the list will grow and I will accomplish the things on said list.
In other news, I'm looking forward to next fall semester because I'm looking to get more involved on campus in a way that doesn't involve the paper. For starters, Raiders Against Animal Cruelty, MT Outdoor Pursuits, and TOMS shoes campus club are things I'm going to be getting into. I'm tired of not being allowed to join groups like these because it's a "conflict of interest." F that. I just wrote an article on TOMS and it got me really giddy, so much so that I bought another pair. The fact that I bought a pair of shoes for a child that needs them gives me immeasurable happiness. Plus, Oprah thinks they're the shiz, so obviously, everyone else should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment